RUBIO'S REWARDS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the benefits of being a Rubio’s Rewards member?
Upon joining, you will receive the following benefits:
- Get a reward just for signing up, such as a FREE TACO or $5 OFF your order.
- Get at least one special reward per month. The more you visit and enjoy Rubio’s, the bigger the rewards you’ll receive.
- Get personalized rewards tailored just for you based on your purchases.
- Get a birthday reward on your special day!
- Receive members-only offers for holidays, new products and special events.
Remember to order your Rubio’s favorites through the app or online, or scan your QR code at the register, to get rewarded. It’s that easy!
How do I sign up for Rubio’s Rewards?
- The best way to sign up is by downloading the Rubio’s app. It is available through the App Store or Google Play. Once it has been downloaded, create your account to sign up.
- If you don’t have a smartphone, you can also sign up for Rubio’s Rewards online by visiting rubios.com/rewards.
Who can join the rewards program?
The program is available at participating Rubio’s locations nationally and is offered to anyone who is at least 13 years of age.
Do I need to join Rubio’s Rewards if I’m already in the Beach Club?
YES! The Rubio's Rewards program is separate from Beach Club. The only way to earn Rubio’s Rewards is to create an account when you download our app or join online.
If you are not sure if you are a member of Rewards, try logging in with your email and click "forgot password." If your email address is not recognized, then you will need to create an account to sign up for Rubio’s Rewards.
How do I check in?
There are 2 ways to check in with Rubio’s Rewards:
1. You are automatically checked in when you place an order through the app or your online account at Rubios.com.
2. To check in at the restaurant, scan the QR code, found in the Rewards section of the app, before you pay. You can also provide your email or phone number to the Rubio’s team member, and they can check you in.
What if I forgot to check in at the register?
If you forgot to scan at the register, don’t worry! You can scan or manually enter the code found at the bottom of the receipt, by selecting “Check In/Scan” in the Rewards section of the app, within 48 hours of your purchase. You can also manually enter the code online at Rubios.com/rewards, when you login to your account and select “Check In.”
Please Note: If you already checked in at the register, then a QR code will NOT print on your receipt.
What if my receipt doesn’t have a QR code to scan at the bottom?
If you checked in at the register or redeemed a reward, then you are already checked in and a QR code will NOT print on the receipt.
If you did not scan at the register or redeem a reward, and there is still no QR code on your receipt, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number found at the top of the receipt, and we will be sure to add the purchase to your account.
How many receipts can I save and scan later?
You can scan up to 2 receipts per day. All receipts must be submitted within 48 hours of your purchase.
Why do I need to check-in or scan my receipt?
All of these check-ins help us get to know you better so we can personalize your rewards. Keep checking in, and we’ll send you surprise rewards, personalized just for you.
How do I check my balance?
Rubio’s Rewards is not a points-based program – so there’s no balance to check. Our program is “surprise and delight” program which means that we will regularly send you surprise rewards like free menu items, special discounts and more, personalized just for you. The more you visit and enjoy Rubio’s, the more rewards you’ll receive.
You can check your “Account History” which is found in the More section of the app to be sure that you have received credit for all of your visits and check ins.
How do I redeem a reward?
On the App
- Place your order as usual.
- When you go to the “Make Payment” screen, select “View Rewards” at the top of the screen to see your available Rubio’s Rewards.
- Select the button to the right of the reward you would like to use and hit the “Apply” button, and then “APPLY” again to continue with the checkout process.
View this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YIw99g-o8
Online at Rubios.com
- Log in to your account and place your order as usual.
- Before you “Proceed to Checkout,” you will see your available Rubio’s Rewards listed in the right-hand column under your payment information.
- Select “Apply” below the offer you would like to use and then continue to place your order.
Note: Only 1 reward or coupon can be used per order.
In Our Restaurants
- Go to the Rewards section of the app to view your available rewards.
- Select "Check-In/Scan" and scan the QR code at the register when placing your order.
- Then just let the cashier know which reward you would like to apply to your order, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Does my reward expire?
Expiration dates may vary. Please check the expiration date of every reward and offer to make sure you can enjoy it before it expires.
Can I redeem more than one reward per visit?
No, you are only able to redeem one reward every 30 minutes. Rewards cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
If I redeem a reward during my order, do I still need to scan to earn credit for my purchase?
No, if you are redeeming a reward and adding an additional purchase, you will automatically earn credit for that purchase.
What if I click on “redeem” for a reward and I am not in the restaurant yet?
If you accidentally click “redeem” for your reward and are not yet in a restaurant, you will still be able to use your reward. You will receive an email with a redemption code that you can provide to the Rubio’s team member at the register.
If you are at the restaurant and the app closes or you lose the screen with the QR code, an orange bar will display at the bottom of the app with your active reward when you reopen the app.
How does the “Refer a Friend” work?
You can share your unique invite code with friends by selecting “Invite Friends,” found in the More section of the app, and send it to them via text, email or social media to invite them to join Rubio’s Rewards. For every friend that joins and makes their first Rewards purchase, you’ll get a delicious surprise.
Can I earn rewards from Catering orders?
Yes! You automatically get credit for every Catering purchase made through the Rubio’s app or your online account at Rubios.com. When ordering online, just make sure you’re logged in with your Rubio’s Rewards account and not as a guest. For phoned in pickup orders, simply scan your receipt in the app. Third party delivery purchases are not eligible for Rubio’s Rewards.
What if I order delivery?
When you order delivery directly through the Rubio’s app or online, your orders will automatically count toward earning rewards. Orders placed through third-party delivery services are not eligible for Rubio’s Rewards.
What if I order through a third-party delivery service (such as Grubhub, Doordash, or Uber Eats)?
Since third-party delivery purchases are not made through your Rubio’s account, they are not eligible for Rubio’s Rewards.
However, you can now order delivery directly through the Rubio’s app or online, and those orders will count toward your rewards.
What if I order gift cards from Rubios.com?
Gift card purchases do not count towards your next reward, however, food purchases made with a gift card will count when you check-in or scan your receipt.
Is there a Birthday Reward and when will I receive it?
Absolutely! We send our birthday rewards 5 days before your birthday, as shown in your Rewards profile. If you didn’t receive your birthday gift 5 days before, please check that your birthday is in your profile (you can add it to your profile if it’s missing) and check your spam or junk folders.
Can I update my birthday?
The birthday listed on your Rubio’s Rewards account cannot be updated or changed. Luckily, this won't keep you from getting your birthday reward, it will only impact when you receive it. No matter the date, you'll always receive one birthday reward per year.
Our Guest Services Team cannot update the birthday listed on your account either. We appreciate your understanding!
If you have additional questions, please contact us here.