Have a question? Check out our FAQs.
30% of all pre-tax sales brought in by your fundraiser will be donated directly to your organization.
Yes. Your fundraiser must generate a minimum of $150 in net sales in order for a donation to be made. Pre-tax sales from a Rubio’s Fundraiser may only be applied with orders placed on the day and time the fundraiser is booked. Alcohol sales and gift card purchases are not included.
One day after your event, sales and donation results from your fundraising event will be available in your fundraiser account dashboard. You can view this information online by logging into your account at www.rubios.com/fundraisers.
A check will be issued to your organization within 4-6 weeks of your event. If it has been more than 6 weeks since your event, and you still have not received a check, please contact us.
Any non-profit organization is eligible to participate in our fundraiser program. Here are a few examples of organizations that have participated:
Schools, School Bands, Sports Teams, Booster Clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts, Camps, Cheerleading Squads, Religious Organizations, Little League Teams, Parent Teacher Organizations, Charitable Organizations, Sororities/Fraternities, Student Councils, Teams in Training and more!
Applying is easy. The first step is to confirm what type of non-profit organization you are. This will determine what information is needed to apply. 501(c)3 organizations are recognized by the government as tax exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, therefore they are not taxed for any donations earned. Please note, there are many types of non-profit organizations that do not have this status. You can confirm your organization’s status on the IRS website: https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/
- Sign in or create a fundraiser account.
- Submit a valid 501(c)3 Tax I.D. or Employer Identification Number.
- Fill out the Rubio’s Fundraiser application form online.
- You should receive a confirmation email within 3 business days after submitting your application. If you have not received a confirmation within that time, log into your account to review the status of your fundraiser.
Note: All fundraiser applications for 501(c)3 organizations must be submitted at least 14 days in advance
- Sign in or create a fundraiser account.
- Fill out the Rubio’s Fundraiser application form online.
- Submit your organization’s Tax I.D or Employer Identification Number.
- Upload a completed and signed copy of your organization’s W-9.
- If your organization earns more than $600 in a calendar year, an IRS 1099 Miscellaneous Income Form will be sent to the address provided on the W-9 during the application process for tax reporting purposes.
- Fill out the Rubio’s Fundraiser application form online.
- You should receive a confirmation email within 5 business days after submitting your application. If you have not received a confirmation within that time, log in to your account to review the status of your fundraiser.
- Note: All fundraiser applications for non-501(c)3 organizations must be submitted at least 14 days in advance.
When you make your reservation online, the calendar will show available dates at your selected Rubio’s location. We suggest Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings between 4-8 pm. The date and time of your fundraiser will depend on the location you have selected. If your preferred date is blacked out, there may already be a fundraiser booked for that date, or the date has been blocked by the Rubio’s Team. Rubio’s does not host fundraisers on Tuesdays, Fridays, or major/promotional holidays. All fundraiser applications must be submitted at least 14 days in advance.
Please be advised: Your fundraiser time may be subject to change after confirmation. Please verify that your location’s operating hours have not been modified prior to your event. The fundraiser dashboard will not update the time of your fundraiser automatically after it has been approved. If you have any concerns regarding modified hours for the location of your fundraiser, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us.
Browse from over 150 locations with our store locator to find the Rubio’s that works best for your organization.
If you’re expecting more than 350 guests, you may be eligible to host your event at two locations simultaneously. For consideration, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us. Be sure to provide your name, phone number, email, preferred date and locations, and the reason you would like to host at multiple locations. Multi-restaurant fundraisers are handled on a case-by-case basis. A member of the Rubio’s Team will assist you with scheduling if approved.
Be sure you are choosing a day shown in grey on the calendar. Days that are not available are shown in red. If you are still having trouble, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us.
To change the date, time or location of your fundraiser contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us. A member of the Rubio’s Team will follow up to assist you.
You may schedule one fundraiser every four weeks and may schedule up to six months in advance. Please note, all fundraisers must be submitted at least 14 days in advance.
You can cancel your fundraiser by logging into your fundraiser account, selecting the fundraiser, and selecting “cancel.” We hope you will plan another Rubio’s Fundraiser soon.
If your fundraiser is on “hold,” there was a problem with your application. Please check your email to confirm what item needs to be updated. Log into your fundraiser account, select the appropriate fundraiser and click “View, Edit or Cancel.” Update your fundraiser application with the required changes and resubmit.
These are the most common fundraiser application problems:
- The W-9 submitted during the booking process was not signed.
- Please sign and re-upload.
- The TIN/EIN provided during the booking process does not match the TIN/EIN on your W-9.
- Please confirm that these numbers match exactly.
- If the TIN/EIN number provided in the application was incorrect, you will be required to cancel your current fundraiser and resubmit a new application.
- The “Organization Name” on your W-9 does not match the “Check Made Payable” information provided during the booking process.
- Confirm that your “Check Made Payable” information matches the Organization Name and resubmit.
- The W-9 provided during the booking process is from a prior year.
- Obtain a signed 2022 W-9 from your organization.
- Re-upload a copy of your organization’s W-9.
- The W-9 submitted during the booking process was corrupted or unable to be opened for verification.
- Please check that the W-9 file type you submitted is universally supported (JPG, PDF, and Doc).
- The W-9 submitted during the booking process is blank.
- You will need to complete, sign and resubmit your organization’s W-9.
Please be aware: If your fundraiser has been placed on a hold, you will receive an email notification. If you do not update your application, your fundraiser will automatically be cancelled after 48 hours.
Once approved, we’ll send you an email confirmation for your event. A copy of your custom fundraiser flyer and social media post can be downloaded directly from your fundraiser account dashboard.
After you’ve scheduled your Rubio’s fundraiser, maximize your event’s exposure to ensure a big turnout and an even bigger donation:
- Announce your Rubio’s fundraiser and include a copy of your flyer on your organization’s website, newsletter, or portal.
- Email the flyer to your students, friends, family, office, school, supporters, etc.
- Post the customized social media image on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You can also create your own image if you’d prefer.
Most important, cast a wide net. The more people that attend your Rubio’s Fundraiser, the more money your organization will earn. There are lots of convenient, easy ways for your supporters to participate. Order online for contact-free and worry-free pick up or delivery, or place an order in restaurant for takeout or dine in. Catering orders are also welcome with 24-hour advance notice.
After submitting your application, confirmation emails and flyers should arrive within 5 business days. Be sure to check your spam folder. You can also check your fundraiser account to check the status of your application.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader—free from Adobe—on your computer to open the flyer in .pdf format. If you don’t have it, you can download it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/. If you are still having trouble, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us.
A copy of your flyer or social media image can be downloaded by logging into your fundraiser account. You will see each of your fundraisers listed under “Upcoming Reservations.” Find the appropriate fundraiser and click on the flyer or social media image needed.
Fundraiser flyers and social media images are automatically generated. If there is an issue with any of the information listed, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us. Image changes can be made in special cases (i.e., religious views), other change requests will be approved or denied at the discretion of the Rubio’s Team.
Online Orders: Please ensure all guests placing online/app orders are doing so during the scheduled fundraiser date and time, and at the appropriate location. All supporters should enter the coupon code “DONATE” in the coupon/promo code field at checkout.
In Restaurant Orders: For in restaurant orders, your fundraiser attendees are responsible for showing the QR Code to our Cashier Team prior to the completion of the transaction. Codes cannot be added after payment has been processed. Our Team is not required to ask attendees if they are part of the fundraiser. Only the flyer provided by Rubio’s in your fundraiser dashboard will be accepted.
Unfortunately, no other rewards or coupons can be applied to the order. If you do not use the fundraiser coupon code at checkout, your order will not be applied towards the fundraiser.
My fundraiser attendees want to visit outside of my fundraiser’s approved time allotment. Will their sales go toward my fundraiser?
No. Sales will only count towards your fundraiser during the approved date and time scheduled. Fundraiser sales cannot be added once the fundraiser is complete.
Yes. If your restaurant is currently operating on modified hours, your fundraiser time may be affected. Please verify that the operating hours of your store have not been modified prior to your fundraiser. If hours have been modified, please notify all fundraiser attendees. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you are concerned that modified hours will affect the outcome of your fundraiser, please contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us to reschedule.
One day after your event, sales and donation results from your fundraising event will be available in your fundraiser account dashboard. You can view this information online by logging into your fundraiser account dashboard at www.rubios.com/fundraisers.
No. Your fundraiser must generate a minimum of $150 in net sales in order for a donation to be made. Pre-tax sales from a Rubio’s Fundraiser may only be applied with orders placed on the day and time the fundraiser is booked. Alcohol sales and gift card purchases are not included.
If you think your sales have been attributed incorrectly, please take some time to speak to your attendees. Ask if they provided the Rubio’s Team the flyer before the completion of their transaction and attended the event during the allotted time. If they answer “yes” to both questions, gather 3-5 receipts from your attendees and contact Rubio’s Guest Services at https://www.rubios.com/contact-us. A member of the Rubio’s Team will follow up to investigate further.
If you want to host a fundraiser for the same organization, go to your fundraiser account dashboard at www.rubios.com/fundraisers. From your menu, you will be able to select a past fundraiser and click “Create One Like It.” After re-inputting your Tax I.D. or Employer Identification Number, your new fundraiser application will be pre-loaded with the information you have previously provided. Simply change the date and time for your new fundraiser and submit.
The Rubio’s app is the best way to sign up for Rewards, manage your account and easily order and reorder your favorite Rubio’s menu items! Download it through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and create your account to sign up. You can also sign up online by visiting rubios.com/rewards.
YES! Even if you’re receiving our emails, you’ll want to join Rubio’s Rewards – it’s the only way to earn Rubio’s Rewards and unlock our best deals and offers.
If you are not sure if you are a member of Rewards, try logging in with your email and click “forgot password.” If your email address is not recognized, then you will need to create an account to sign up for Rubio’s Rewards.
There are two ways to check in with Rubio’s Rewards:
- For online/app orders: You are automatically checked in when you place an order through the app or your online account at rubios.com.
- For orders placed at the restaurant: Go to the Rewards section of the app, select “Check-in / Scan” and scan the QR code before you pay. Don’t have the app handy? You can also check in by providing your email or phone number to the Rubio’s cashier.
You can still get credit for your order by scanning or manually entering the QR code on your receipt. From the Rewards section of the app, select “Check-in / Scan” and hit the button to scan or manually enter your QR code. You can scan up to two receipts per day, within 48 hours of your purchase.
You can earn and redeem Rewards on delivery orders placed online or through the Rubio’s app, plus you get lower menu pricing than any third-party delivery app. Orders placed on third-party delivery services like Doordash, GrubHub or Uber Eats are not eligible for Rewards.
- For App Orders:
- Place your order as usual.
- After selecting “Make Payment,” click “View Rewards” at the top of the screen to see your available rewards.
- Select the button to the right of the Reward you want to use and then hit “Apply” at the bottom of the screen to continue to checkout.
- For Online Orders:
- Log in to your account and place your order as usual.
- Before you “Proceed to Checkout,” you will see your available Rubio’s Rewards listed in the right-hand column under your payment information.
- Select “Apply” below the offer you would like to use and then continue to place your order.
- In Our Restaurants:
- Go to the Rewards section of the app to view your available rewards.
- Select “Check-in / Scan” and scan the QR code at the register when placing your order.
- Tell the cashier which Reward you’d like to apply, and they’ll take care of the rest.
- Note: Only one reward or coupon can be used per order.
Expiration dates will vary. Please check the expiration date of every reward and offer to be sure you can enjoy it before it expires.
No, you are able to redeem one reward every 30 minutes. Rewards cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Of course! We send our birthday rewards 5 days before your birthday, as shown in your Rewards profile. If you didn’t receive your birthday gift 5 days before, please check that your birthday is in your profile (you can add it to your profile if it’s missing) and check your spam or junk folders.
In the app, select the “More” tab, then select “Profile.” You can update your contact information or favorite location on this screen, and then select “Save changes.”
You can also update your contact information online at rubios.com. Sign in and select “Edit Profile.” You can update your contact inform