Rubio’s Food Truck To Give Out Free Street Tacos Created With Chef Richard Blais
Taco Truck to Visit a Different SoCal City Each Week, May 19–June 13
SAN DIEGO — Calling all taco lovers! Rubio’s Coastal Grill is giving free tacos to fans across Southern California with their first Food Truck Tour. For four weeks, from May 19–June 13, Rubio’s will be sampling their new adventure-inspired Rubio’s x Blais Street Tacos, menu items just launched in partnership with Celebrity Chef Richard Blais.
The Rubio’s x Blais Street Taco Truck will visit a different city each week. Locations will be available at (landing page site) and updates will be posted on Rubio’s social media, including Facebook and Instagram.
Each week, the food truck will be stopping at a variety of locations in each market:
• May 19 — Kick off in Carlsbad, CA
• May 20–23 — Orange County
• May 27–31 — San Diego
• June 3–6 — Inland Empire
• June 9–13 — Los Angeles
“We’re inviting everyone who has been missing travel and adventure to come to our Food Truck for a taste of favorite destinations – Hawaii, New Orleans and New York,” said Rubio’s Co-Founder Ralph Rubio. “We partnered with Chef Richard Blais, who infused incredibly bold flavors and textures, to create three delicious Rubio’s x Blais street tacos that are completely new for Rubio’s fans. We can’t wait for Rubio’s fans to try them, so we’re taking them to the streets.”
The three new tacos, available for free from the Taco Truck, include:
• Hula Hula Carnitas: Inspired by Chef Blais’ time in Hawaii, the Hula Hula Carnitas taco features pork marinated in a rich blend of gochujang, achiote, and garlic, wrapped in a banana leaf and slow-cooked, creating tender, juicy meat with an authentic Hawaiian Kalua flavor.
• Blaised & Glazed Crispy Chicken: Delivering a tangy, zesty taco twist on Buffalo chicken, the Blaised & Glazed taco starts with Rubio’s crispy chicken tossed in Frank’s RedHot® sauce, the secret ingredient used in the original Buffalo wings created in Buffalo, NY in 1964.
• Ancho Po-Boy Shrimp: Named after New Orleans’ most famous sandwich, the Ancho Po-Boy Shrimp taco is a modern take on classic New Orleans street food.
Rubio’s first opened in 1983, in the San Diego neighborhood of Mission Bay. Today, counting the ocean as a source of inspiration, Rubio’s uses sustainable seafood in nearly all of its seafood dishes and continues to expand its menu with innovative recipes ranging from seafood tacos and burritos to California Bowls and crisp fresh salads. In addition, Rubio’s offers grilled marinated chicken and steak, “no fried” pinto beans, handmade guacamole, a variety of proprietary salsas, and craft beer and sangria beverage options. The award-winning restaurant regularly receives accolades for its famous Original Fish Taco®. It was also recently named the number one Mexican chain on Consumer Reports’ latest survey as well as ranked as one of Fast Casual’s ‘Top 50 Movers and Shakers’. Rubio’s participates in a variety of ocean-centric efforts throughout the year including its annual CoastFest celebration and beach cleanup. Rubio’s is headquartered in Carlsbad, Calif., has over 4,000 employees and operates 160 restaurants in California, Arizona and Nevada. For more information, visit http://rubios.com.