THE 45 DAY SEAFOOD CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Rubio’s Coastal Grill 45 Day Seafood Challenge (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of Arizona, California, and Nevada, who are at least thirteen (13) years old and a Rubio’s Rewards Member at the time of entry. Employees of Rubio’s Restaurants, Inc. ("Sponsor" and “Rubio’s”), Red Door Interactive, The Regan Group (“TRG”) and its franchisees, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in Sweepstakes or receive a prize. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside the listed states and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Rubio’s Restaurants, Inc., 2200 Faraday Avenue, Suite 250, Carlsbad, CA 92008.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on February 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PT") and ends on March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Play: There are 2 ways to play:
a) Using the App or Ordering Online: During the Promotion Period, for each entrée purchased during the Promotion Period using the Rubio’s App (in store or online) or ordering online at www.rubios.com using your online account, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. During the Promotion Period, for each seafood entrée purchased during the Promotion Period using the Rubio’s Ap (in store or online) or ordering online at www.rubios.com using your online account, you will receive two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes.
b) Mail-In Free Method: During the Promotion Period, to participate without using your smart phone, computer or the App or visiting a participating Rubio’s retail location, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Rubio’s 45 Day Seafood Challenge," 360 W 132nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061. Each submission is two (2) entries into the sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) submission per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by March 31, 2021 and received by April 9, 2021.
Rubio’s Rewards: At the end of the Promotion Period, members will receive $ off rewards towards future Rubio’s purchases and sweepstakes entries based on the total number of entrees and seafood entrees purchased during the Promotion Period.
1 entrée = $1 off any entrée and 1 entry into the sweepstakes
1 seafood entrée = $2 off any entrée and 2 entries into the sweepstakes
Up to a maximum of $10 off any entrée and 10 entries into the sweepstakes
You must be a Rubio’s Rewards member in order to participate. You may join Rubio’s Rewards online at https://www.rubios.com/rewards or download our app in the Apple or Google Play app stores.
Entrants will be charged according to their carriers' messaging and data rates and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details.
All requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, which will be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to entries, the authorized account holder of the smart phone or email address used for an online account to participate will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" of a smart phone is the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and the services are billed. The "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
5. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING/ODDS: On or about April 12, 2021 the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from all eligible Entries received within the Promotion Period and select six (6) Promotion Prize winners. Odds of winning a Promotion prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
6. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: A $1,000 Rubio’s gift card. Five (5) First Prizes: An Apple Watch SE, color may be chosen by the winners. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) US$279/each. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted except by Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value in its discretion. In the event a Prize Winner is a Minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must provide permission for the potential winner to receive the prize.
6. Winner Notification: Sponsor will notify potential Winner on or about April 12, 2021 via email. If a potential winner does not reply within two (2) days, or is deemed ineligible in Sponsor's sole discretion, the prize will be forfeited. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or a prize comes back as undeliverable, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. In Sponsor's discretion only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. Potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize regardless of notification unless and until Entrant's eligibility is verified. By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to the Sweepstakes Entities the right to use, display, distribute or publish such Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, and his/her Entry or to refrain from so doing, in any manner in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, anywhere in the world in perpetuity without limitation or compensation and without additional notice. Acceptance of a prize constitutes a waiver, by Entrant, of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for all uses of the Entry by Sweepstakes Entities or their respective agents that are permitted or granted hereunder.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Grand Prize Winner (or parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within two (2) days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if any winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner may be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. Where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor) and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, except where prohibited by law, and without notice, review and approval. By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless Rubio’s Restaurants, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, related companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise,) to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Promotion or travel related activity, or participation in this Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole discretion, to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, Mobile App or www.Rubios.com(the “Web site”); (b) in violation of the Terms of Service of the Web site; (c) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (d) acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods will void all such entries, and any participant using any such method will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or postage due mail, email or entries, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and further are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, traffic congestion, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Web site, Internet or Web site access or availability, or for any hardware or software or program/programming malfunctions whether due to technical errors or failures or unauthorized human intervention, or for the failure to capture, or loss of, any entry or other information. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, for any reason, this Promotion, or any part thereof, as solely determined by Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In such event you may be advised on the Promotion page to forward your confirmation email to an email address specified by Sponsor or mail your entire original Promotion message print out to an address specified by Sponsor for decoding. Specific instructions will appear on said page. Sponsor, however, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to address an Internet raised or related issue in any manner they deem fair and appropriate.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE MOBILE APP, WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM the MOBILE APP OR WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Official Rules/Winner's List: For a copy of the official rules or the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Rubio’s 45-day Seafood Challenge - Winners List, 360 W 132nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061. Please note on the front left corner of the envelope that you are requesting "Rules" or "Winner's List." Requests must be received by May 1, 2021.